Music lovers do not want any kind of disturbance when they are listening to music, thats why they prefer Noise Cancelling headphones.
The unwanted sounds and disruptions make their music experience poor and to keep your music experience more interesting that Noise Cancelling Headphones are bringing up into the market.
As the name implies the “Noise Cancellation Headphones” are specially made with which when a listener wears it on their ears they cannot able to hear any kind of disruptive sounds.
Noise-cancelling headphones are headphones that Reduce distracting background noise by up to 90% while offering superior sound quality to the user.
Many types of ambient sounds can interfere with or even block the sounds coming through their headphones. It can also help a passenger sleep in a noisy vehicle such as airlines.
While travelling in a plane many people face the problem like the roar of the engine makes their music worst. Fortunately, noise-cancelling headphones can provide a more pleasurable listening experience.
A noise-cancelling headphone comes in two types: it is either active or passive type. Technically speaking, any type of headphone provides some passive noise reduction. That is because the material used in making headphones itself absorb or block out some sound waves, especially those at higher frequencies.
The best passive noise-cancelling headphones, means they are packed with layers of high-density sound-engrossing material, which makes them heavier than normal headphones.
The trade-off of all that extra weight is a reduction in noise of about 15 to 20 decibels (dB). But considering jet engines create 75 to 80 dB of noise inside the aircraft cabin, the passive models do not work as it has some serious limitations. That’s where active noise-cancelling headphones come in by replacing passive earphones.
Active noise cancellation headphones have all the features that passive noise cancellation headphones have like its structure blocks that extra and high-frequency sound. They also add an extra level of noise reduction by actively erasing lower-frequency sound waves.
The Active Noise-cancelling headphones accomplish this by creating their own sound waves that mimic the incoming noise in every respect except one: the headphone’s sound waves are 180 degrees out of phase with the intruding waves.
There is an example that makes you easier and familiar with the concept of noise cancellation. Just notice that the two waves – the one coming from the noise-cancelling headphone and the one associated with the ambient noise – have the same amplitude and frequency, but their crest and trough (compressions and rarefactions) are arranged so that the crests (compressions) of one wave line up with the troughs (rarefactions) of the other wave and vice versa. In essence, the two waves cancel each other out, a phenomenon known as destructive interference.
The result: the listener can focus on the sounds he wants to hear.
To achieve this sound affect several components are required that works together to give us best sound quality and effects:
- Microphone – A microphone placed inside the ear cup “listens” to external sounds that cannot be blocked inertly.
- Noise-cancelling circuitry –many small electronics equipment, also placed in the ear cup, sense the input from the microphone and generate a “fingerprint” of the noise, noting the frequency and amplitude of the incoming wave. Then they create a new wave that is 180 degrees out of phase with the waves associated with the noise.
- Speaker – The “anti-sound” created by the noise-cancelling circuitry is fed into the headphones speakers along with the normal audio; the anti-sound erases the noise by destructive interference but does not affect the desired sound waves in the normal audio.
- Battery – The term “active” refers to the fact that energy must be added to the system to produce the noise-cancelling effect. The source of that energy is a rechargeable battery.
With the help of all these components, noise-cancelling headphones are able to provide an additional reduction in noise of 20 decibels.
That means about 70 percent of ambient noise is successfully blocked, making noise-cancelling headphones ideal for airline and train travel, open office environments or any other location with a high level of background noise by not damaging our ears.
While noise-cancelling headphones do a good job distinctive between the audio a wearer wants to hear and the background noise he or she wants to keep out, some people have to compromise sound quality by muffling sounds.
Users can also experience a change in air pressure, although ports built into the ear cup are meant to expel air trapped behind the speakers.
In spite of these tradeoffs, many people would never go back to normal audio headphones. That’s because noise-cancelling headphones do more than reduce noise. They also help alleviate fatigue when travelling, which can result from exposure to low-frequency noise for an extended period of time.
You can even use noise-cancelling headphones if you don’t want to listen to another audio source but do want to cancel out background noise. And a little bit of quiet can be music to anyone’s ears.
Pros of Using Noise-Cancelling Headphones
The good news is that for many of the noisy situations people find themselves in noise cancelling headphones can offer a measure of peace and quiet. The following are five positive features of noise-cancelling headphones.
- Block Most Sounds: These headphones do block out the majority of external sounds. There are some restrictions to what they block out and some other issues of comfort to consider, but, generally speaking, noise-cancelling headphones do what they say they will do.
- Music Volume Does Not Need to Be High: The nice thing about noise-cancelling headphones is that much of the external sound is blocked without having to replace it with even louder sounds. This means that the volume level on the music can be turned down to a more enjoyable and comfortable level and still be heard over loud noises produced by the surrounding environment.
- Richer Listening Experience: Noise-cancelling headphones allow users to turn the volume down and hear the intended richness and the variations in the music that disappear when the volume is pushed to the limits.
- Great for Travelling: For people who often travel on commuter trains or aeroplanes, there is a great need to block out the outside noise during these times in order to sleep, read, study, or work. Noise-cancelling headphones allow these commuters to use their time well, even if that just means sleeping on an aeroplane.
- Ideal for Studying: Students who have been in the habit of turning up the volume in order to focus find that they can study even better when their music at lower volumes and when outside distractions are gone. While it is possible to turn the music off and only use the noise-cancelling effects of the headphones, many students find the buzzing effect that can result from music headphones to be even more distracting.
Cons of Using Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Here are a few negative aspects of buying and using noise-cancelling headphones that many consumers may want to consider before purchasing a pair.
- The cost of Noise-Cancelling Headphones: For many people, the biggest disadvantage of noise-cancelling headphones is the relative cost difference between noise-cancelling headphones and their alternatives. A set of noise-cancelling headphones, on the other hand, costs around 5 times as much as alternative sets.
- High Power Usage of Noise-Cancelling Headphones: The internal components of a set of noise-cancelling headphones use a considerable amount of power. Some of the sets get this power from internal batteries, and some of those are rechargeable. These sets are generally a bit heavier than headphones that do not carry their own power supply.
- Not All Sounds Are Blocked by Noise-Cancelling Headphones: Most sounds are blocked or cancelled by the design and technology of these headphones, but some sounds do still get through.
These noise cancellation headphones work by not only cancelling the external sounds but also by blocking them as much as possible. This is achieved by a close fit that many users find uncomfortable. If the consumer is sensitive to tight-fitting headgear or prone to pressure-induced headaches, it is desirable to research what brand and type may offer the most comfort before purchasing.
Here is the list of
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones and affordable in 2017
Active Noise Cancellation
Premium Ø40mm Stereo Drivers
Rechargeable Extended Battery
Inline Remote & Microphone
Advanced 4.0 Bluetooth, with the latest CSR technology for great range.
An impressive 16 hours of play time, or 18 hours of talk time, due to the exceedingly large battery life.
First Earbud with Great Noise cancellation capability which lets you focus on what you want to do with comfort as well.
Delivers awesome Sound with superior bass fidelity. Bass Depth is decent and because best noise cancellation capability, its the Best.
As the name suggest Quiet comfort are very comfortable. Size is compact so can use these pair for traveling and noise suppression.
Great sound, compact size, perfect price, noise cancellation – perfect for travellers.
Nothing. Not made for people who prefer wireless headphones over wired headphones.
High definition sound quality at very affordable price.
Active noise cancelling capabilities. Can even drown plane noise while traveling.
Easy to operate and adjustable.
Very comfortable as cup pads are super soft.
Excellent for running, work out and traveling
Not Foldable but still very comfortable
High Resolution Audio quality delivered by audio samples per second and the bit-rate accuracy of each sample
Automatic AI Digital noise cancelling technology to reduce sorround sound.
Deep bass and HD voice support
Foldable and comfortable with premium design standards
Smartphone compatible with internal microphone
Very cheap but premium quality headphones from SONY
Noise cancelling technology
Light weight and 80 hours of battery life
Foldable and portable
Bass is good, good looking and comfortable as well
Music lovers have better options that offer superior quality and better noise cancellation.
ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: 30db noise reduction. Advanced noise cancelling technology to deliver uncompromising powerful audio for work, travel, and relaxation
Enhanced and boosted 140mAh battery delivering 15 hours life
Good for running and workout: The ear-buds and hooks are convenient and comfortable, the headphones will stay in place when you’re on the move.
Beautifully Designed: Crafted with aluminum alloy. A gold-plated 3.5mm audio jack and an airplane audio adapter for convenience when flying
FULL CONTROL with volume adjustment, track selection, and play/pause buttons and a 55-inch-long wire.